David H. Hubel
Co-winner of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 1981 for mapping the visual cortex
"If you hear about a scientist who appeals to your interests, look him or her up. Don't be shy... "
- February 27, 1926
- Windsor, Ontario
- Date of Death
- September 22, 2013
- Place of Death
- Lincoln, Mass.
- Family Members
- Other Interests
- Flute, woodworking, photography, languages, astronomy, skiing, tennis and squash.
- Physicist; Medical Doctor; University Professor of Neurobiology
- Harvard Medical School, Boston
- BSc (Hons in Math and Physics), McGill, 1947
- MD, McGill, 1951
- Fellow, American Academy of Arts and Sciences, 1965
- Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine, 1981
- Foreign Member, Royal Society, 1982
- Last Updated
- September 26, 2013