B. Brett Finlay
Microbiology and Immunology
One of the world's foremost experts on the molecular understanding of the ways bacteria infect their hosts
"To be a good scientist... You have to like doing experiments — and experiments are fun. You have to have a sheer desire to understand something."
- Microbiologists and cell and molecular biologists research such areas as bacteria, fungi, viruses, tissues, cells, pharmaceuticals, and plant/animal toxins.
- People in this group work in:
- Biotechnology, chemical, pharmaceutical, food, health care, resource, environmental, and consulting companies, Government
- Educational institutions, universities/research institutes, Forestry/agricultural sectors.
- Learn more at Job Futures Canada.
Other scientists who may be of interest:
- M. Brock Fenton
- Valerius Geist
- Crawford S. Holling
- Edith Berkely
- Earl Godfrey
- (Albert) Murray Fallis
- Gail Anderson
- Anthony Ronald Entrican Sinclair
- Harold Leslie Atwood
- Helen Irene Battle
- David T. Suzuki
- Bryan Patrick Beirne
- Brian Hall
- Charles J. Krebs
- William Ricker
- Biruté Galdikas
- Kathy Conlan