An expert in understanding the weird and wonderful world of marine creatures that live deep under the Arctic ice.
- Ottawa, Ontario
- Family Members
- A son and a daughter, both grown up.
- Passionate, people-person.
- Favorite Music
- Jazz, blues, and classical
- Other Interests
- Diving and snorkeling.
- Research Scientist
- Canadian Museum of Nature
- BSc (Honours) Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada, 1972
- MSc University of Victoria, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, 1977
- PhD Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, 1988
- US Department of the Navy and the National Science Foundation. Antarctic Service Medal (1992).
- Nominated, YMCA-YWCA Women of Distinction Awards, Technology Category (1999 and 2001).
- Winner of the 2002 Science in Society Children’s Book Award for “Under the Ice”.
- R. W. Brock Award for best Canadian Museum of Nature research paper of 2003 (co-authored with Ed Hendrycks).
Rikk Kvitek invited her to work in Antarctica and excited a passion for the poles. Steve Blasco helped her explore the Arctic.
- Last Updated
- June 25, 2012