Discovered that stem cells could be harvested from human adult skin and that they could be used to grow nerve cells that could potentially help people with spinal cord injuries or Parkinson's disease.
"Follow your muse. Find out what you love, and don't be afraid to pursue it, even if it's unorthodox -- don't be afraid to pursue your dreams."
- January 27, 1957
- Toronto, Ontario
- Family Members
- Favorite Music
- Arthur Rubinstein playing piano concertos and Glenn Gould playing Bach.
- Other Interests
- Dance and yoga, mountain biking, hiking, skiing, and snow-shoeing, playing piano, and travel.
- Professor and Canada Research Chair in Developmental Neurobiology
- Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute, Toronto
- BSc University of Saskatchewan, 1979
- PhD University of Calgary, 1984
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada
- Last Updated
- October 28, 2013